How do I define Relationships between Accounts, Contacts, and Giving?
The Bios package supports Relationships between Accounts, Contacts, and Giving based on Record Type values on the Relationships object. Below are all supported configurations:
- Account - Account
- Account - Contact
- Account - Giving
- Contact - Contact
- Contact - Giving
Navigate to the Manage Relationships screen
1. Locate the record to which you would like to add relationship.
2. Select the "Manage Relationships" button.
Note: The Manage Relationships button can be added to page layouts for Account, Contact, or Giving.
Define the Relationship Type and related records
1. Select the appropriate Relationship Type (Use Account-Contact to relate an Organization to a Contact, Contact-Contact to define the relationship between people, or Account/Contact to Giving to define a relationship to Giving records)
NOTE: To remove any Relationship Type from this picklist, mark the record type as inactive or not assigned to a specific User/Profile. This page will not display inactive record types or record types not available for a User or Profile.
2. Select the appropriate Category.
3. Use the look up Icon to select the appropriate Account, Contact, or Giving.
4. Click Add (This will allow you to define contact and Account Roles and will allow you to create a new Relationship).
Specify the details of the Relationship
1. Select the appropriate "Role" for the Originating Contact, Account, or Giving from the drop down menu.
2. Select the appropriate "Role" for the Related Contact, Account, or Giving from the drop down menu.
3. Under Other Information, Select the Date range related to the Role.
4. Enter any comments related to the Relationship.
5. If desired, click the lower right hand corner of the text box to expand or contract the text area.
6. Should you wish to return to one of the records in the Relationship, select the appropriate links.
7. Select the "Save" button.