Lesson 5a: Case Management - Change Sponsored Child
This lesson addresses the use of cases to manage a sponsor's request to change a sponsored child.
1. Navigate to the contact record for the sponsor that you previously created or find an existing sponsor contact record.
2. Go to the Relationships section and confirm that a child is being sponsored.
Create a New Case for Sponsorship Change Request
4. Fill in all required and relevant information, leave default fields as is. Be sure to set the Type, Case Reason, Subject, and Description. Use the text provided above as an example.
5. Click the 'Save' button (located at the top or bottom of the page).
6. Navigate back to the sponsor's contact record by clicking the Contact Name hyperlink.
Navigate to the Sponsorship Opportunity Record
View the 'Recurring Gift/Transactions' Related List
Scroll down to the 'Related Giving/Transactions' related list and view the list. To see all items click on the 'Show # more' link.
Change Child Status to Available
Deactivate Sponsorship Relationship
1. Click the 'Manage Relationships' button from the child record.
Create the New Sponsorship Opportunity
1. Navigate back to the sponsor's contact record using the Global Search.
2. Go to the Opportunity related list and click the 'New Opportunity' button.
7. Click the 'Save & Close' button.
Search for a Child
Select the Child to Sponsor
1. Go to the bottom of the page to view the rendered list of results.
2. Select the checkbox next to the child to be sponsored.
3. Click the 'Sponsor' button.
2. Scroll down to the 'Cases' related list and click the 'Cls' link to close the case.