Lesson 0: Basic Navigation
Helps explain basic functionality to ease navigation within the system.
Lookup fields allow two records to be associated.
1. In edit mode, lookup fields appear with a magnifying glass. To add a value, click on the lookup icon to open a search dialog that allows the user to search for the record that should be associated with the one being created/edited.
2. Enter the name of the record you would like to search for.
3. Click the 'Go!' button.
4. Select the hyperlinked name of the record in the Search Results.
Using multi-select picklists provides the ability to select multiple values for one field.
- To select a single value, double click on any available value in the left scrolling box to add that value to the selected scrolling box on the right.
- To select multiple values, hold the SHIFT key to select the first value and click the last value in the range, then click the arrow to add selections to the chosen box.