Using ASPCA Custom Batch Upload
This article walks through how to process records in the ASPCA custom batch upload records. This does not include how records are added to the object to begin with.
Custom batch upload is (at the time of this creation) used exclusively to process transaction record updates.
Navigate to the Custom Upload tab
Detect Duplicates (First step in processing records)
Once the files are loaded into the object click. "Detect Duplicates"
This process flags all duplicates and will exclude them from record processing. They can be added back in for processing by removing the flags (see below)
A notification that records are being processed right away.
To check on the status of the process click on the ASPCA Custom Uploads tab again
Any other user who comes to this tab will see that it is already in process and its current status.
Review Duplicate Records
1) In the list view pick list select "Duplicates".
2) Duplicates are identified by finding unprocessed records that have the same ID Number and same PayCode value.
NOTE: Once a record is flagged as a duplicate it will not be processed.
1) Select the type of records you want to process (At the time of this article) there are only two types "PSI" and "Merkle"
2) Click "Process"
Immediate notification that a batch has started
Status of the batch
NOTE: Periodically the Admin will want to delete old records. Since this object is only used for staging data imports there is not much value in the record history.
1) Select the date before which records should be deleted
2) Click "Delete"
All records that have a status of "Processed" and have a created date prior to the date entered will be deleted.
An alert for the batch job will be displayed.
Clicking on the tab will display the status of the job.
Create your own list views
Click "Create New View" Link
Give your view a name and select your criteria for records to display
Select the fields you want to display in the list
- Select the field you want to use (You are limited to 10 fields)
- Click the arrows to move the highlighted fields into our out of the "Selected Fields" list
- Use the arrows to move the highlighted field up or down the list (Top of the list will be the Right side of the screen and bottom of the list will be the Left side of the screen)
1) Select "Exceptions" in the view related list
2) "Exception Reason" column will display the exception reasons. NOTE: This list can be sorted alphabetically by clicking on the column header "Exception Reason"
Exception: No Matching Opportunity Found
Means that no transaction was found that has a matching Id number (account number) and Paycode (Campaign)
Exception: Validation Exception
The real issue is embedded in this long (and ugly string)
Indicates that there is a data quality issue with the records being updated.
Contact the administrator.
Batch Job Details
- If a job has not finished you can Abort it
- When submitted
- Total batches (this is the number of batches that will be run which equals (records to be processed)/(Batch Size)
- Batches processed so far
- User who submitted the job
- When completed
- What is the class (process) used
Controlling batch size--Getting to the Custom Label
We may get CPU time out or Apex limit errors on the batch job because of other logic that gets fired when the records are updated.
These errors can avoided by decreasing the batch size.
The trade off is that smaller batches mean files will take longer to process.
Batch size is controlled in custom labels.